Sorry, this job has expired.
* Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
* Visit us on Wednesday November 14th at 10:00 AM
* Click Apply now for the location address.
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining for travel venues. HMSHost operates in more than 120 airports around the globe and 99 travel plazas in North America. The company has annual sales in excess of $3.1 billion and employs more than 39,500 sales associates worldwide.
We empower our team of more than 33,000 diverse associates to succeed. With more than 2,000 dining locations in airports and motorways, HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We’re currently hiring a Cook.
The Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager, depending upon local requirements.
• Minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience. Work experience in high volume and casual dining restaurant environment preferred.
• Must have food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards.
• Must have food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry.
• Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and
• Taste products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed.
• Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment.
• Practice excellent food safety and sanitation practices and comply with HACCP standards.
• Operate a variety of kitchen equipment.
• Measures and mix ingredients. Wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables.
• Stock, date, rotate, and check temperature of product.
• Must have the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers.
• Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Must have the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions.
• Frequently immerse hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions.
• Frequently work with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates.
• Frequently work in a hot environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.