Come meet our hiring manager in person
Visit us on Tuesday July 24th at 10am!
Click Apply Now for location address
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining for travel venues. HMSHost operates in more than 120 airports around the globe and 99 travel plazas in North America. The company has annual sales in excess of $3.1 billion and employs more than 39,500 sales associates worldwide.
We empower our team of more than 33,000 diverse associates to succeed. With more than 2,000 dining locations in airports and motorways, HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We’re currently hiring a Shift Supervisor.
As the Shift Supervisor you are responsible for assisting management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of subordinates; aiding in monitoring associate productivity; assigning responsibility for specified work and/or functional activities within the framework set by management; giving work directions; and monitoring scheduling for adequate shift coverage.
You will also maintain knowledge of and monitor compliance with all corporate standards and, through leadership and example, encourage the highest level of sales and customer service performance by other associates. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager or General Manager, depending on local requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Minimum of 6 months supervisory/lead experience.
• Food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience preferred.
• Monitor and observe the day-to-day activities of subordinates, coordinate breaks for hourly associates, and keep management informed of area activities and any significant problems.
• Complete opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures.
• Coordinate with management for on-the-job training of new associates.
• Operate cash register and void transactions as needed while following all HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures, and maintain proper security of cash at all times.
• Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or use of a hand truck.
• Implement product rotation based on product code dates in warehouse and concepts; order product; and participate in physical inventory counts as required.
• Resolve customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy and with customer satisfaction in mind.
• Practice excellent food safety and sanitation practices and comply with HACCP standards.
• Monitor compliance with safety guidelines, build awareness about safety, and report any safety concerns to management.
• Must be able to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers.
• Must be able to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
• Must be able to frequently immerse hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.